Monday 27 August 2012

Closer

I don't often ask for things anymore. Call me a cynic, but I believe that some things are going to happen the way that they are going to happen, no matter how you feel about them. All you can do is to choose to celebrate, or to choose to fix them. I suppose that sometimes, I ask to feel acceptance. I don't imagine that can hurt.

I'm not anywhere close to perfection, and I hope not to sound like I think myself a martyr. I have made my choices, both good and bad, and I do my best to reconcile, but not surrender to the consequences. I keep trying to make up for anything that I've done that contributed to my undoing. I've been alright. I've even been happy. I try to pause and remind myself regularly to say thank you. Now, I'm daring to ask for just a little bit more.

I'm not a lucky person, but I am a hopeful one. So I am sitting here, just wanting to put in a word to the universe. God. Not a beg, not a shout, but a whisper.

Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment